Deciding on my top 10 adult books was not an easy task for me because I read so many great books this year. Some were stand alone books, some were part of a complete series, and some have sequels or trilogies coming out in 2012.
Once I decided on my top 10 list, I then had to put them in order and this was even harder. In fact, I would go so far as to say it was a little bit traumatic. Obviously, I loved them all. I recommended them all. So… that got me to thinking about what set any of them apart. What made one any more special than the others? What I finally decided on was the number of times I read each of the books. Although I normally read very fast, when I choose to spend my free time rereading a book instead of picking something new then clearly that book must speak to me in some profound way. I probably don’t need to point this out to you, BUT, the number and absolute hawtness of the Fantasy Boyfriends in these books is enough to give a gurl a heart attack. That being said I give you my top ten books of 2011 in order. If you haven’t read any of them already I highly encourage you to do so.
My Top Ten Adult Books of 2011:
1) Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard (Sequel due in 2012)
2) Fifty series by E L James (Last book of the trilogy due in January 2012)
3) Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
4) A Discovery of Witches by Deb Harkness (Sequel due in 2012)
5) Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard
6) Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon
7) Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia
8) Cataclysm by C L Parker (Last book of the trilogy due in 2012)
9) Small Town Girl by Linda Cunningham
10) The Light series by Jennifer DeLucy
I’m also including 3 honorable mentions:
Merry Gentry Series by Laurell K. Hamilton
Crushed Seraphim by Debra Anastasia (sequel due in 2012)
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward (continuation of the series in 2012)
My Top 10 YA Books of 2011:
I read a lot of YA books this year. More than I ever have before. This was partially due to the recommendations of others, and partially because I was more open to reading them.
1) Divergent by Veronica Roth
2) Hourglass by Myra McEntire
3) Tempus by Tyra Lynn
4) Ember by Carol Oates
5) Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
6) The Willows: Haven by Hope Collier
7) The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Claire
8) Ethereal by Addison Moore
9) Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzgerald
10) Fallen by Lauren Kate
There you have it my friends. Thanks for being part of this book blog. The friendships I have made, and the support I have received is something I don’t take for granted and I cherish. To my blog readers, I will continue to endeavor to make this an enjoyable and fun place to visit. I may not always get it right, but I always try hard. To my authors, I will continue to support you loud and proud. Hugs to you all.