So here goes…
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Tamie. I live near Asheville, North Carolina. I learned to read before I went to school, and I’ve been an avid and voracious reader ever since.
I’ve been blogging almost a year now, although I didn’t start my own book blog til last October. The reason I got into it is because I wanted to share my passion for great books, and the authors that wrote them with as many people as I could.
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I make altered books as a hobby. Don’t feel bad if you don’t know what that is…most people don’t. Here’s a good link that explains http://www.earmark-decorative-painting-studio.com/how-to-make-altered-books.html
That’s still book related, but in a whole non-reading kind of way.
4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
Oooo…I can’t choose just one. I love author guest posts because it gives readers a little something extra from either a favorite author, or one I want them to know better. From a personal standpoint I guess it would be when I write an Observations post, or something similar. It’s when I share a piece of me with my readers.
5. Where do you see your blog in five years?
Hmm…my goal is to keep people interested, entertained, and interacting. Of course I’d like Bookish Temptations to continue to grow as well.
6. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
7. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
I’ve said it twice before in different posts… Sylvain Reynard is the author I’d choose. Because he’s an amazing writer who’s also very intelligent, has a great sense of humor, and he’s truly a kind person…and I have tons of questions I’d love to ask about his writing and characters.
8. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
I would love to go to the Bodleian library because bookstores and libraries are two of my favorite places to be. That particular one is so full of history…and it’s gorgeous too.
9. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
I think we’re a pretty supportive group, and innovative too. I still see some blogs that feel like it’s ok to trash an author or a book, and I find that so unprofessional and offensive. I’d like to see that completely disappear.
10. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
I think my tastes continue to broaden as far as genres, but my love of great descriptive writing will never change.