Elena and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as we have. It’s fun discussing a favorite book with others, don’t you think?
Let’s go check out the questions…
Discussion Questions: Chapters 47-58
1) In chapter 47 Gabriel and Julia discuss his reasons for not having sex. There is humor, tenderness, and understanding in this chapter. What were your thoughts on Gabriel’s explanation? Julia’s reaction? Do you think that Gabriel is right? Were you surprised by anything in this chapter?
2) In chapter 47 Julia realizes the real depth of Gabriel’s love for her for the first time. What is your take on this?
3) In these chapters we see Gabriel wanting to be Julia’s husband and Julia being reluctant about marriage at the beginning. If you were Julia, would you have reacted the same way as her to Gabriel’s intentions?
4) In these chapters we get to see more of how much Gabriel has changed. Discuss…
5) In chapter 49 Richard says to Julia : ” Sometimes relationships can be conduits of grace.” What do you think of that statement? Do you agree?
6) Gabriel’s proposal. Tell us what your feelings were when you read it.
7) Gabriel and Julia’s wedding… Share your thoughts with us on this highly anticipated scene of the book. And what do you think was the blessing they asked for in St.Francis’s crypt?
8) What will you bring with you from this series?
9) Your favorite sentence(s)?
Now that we’ve read and discussed this fabulous book together, we want you to feel free to go back and talk about anything relating to this book, the characters, the story line.
Was there something you loved that we didn’t talk about?
Please join us on Saturday…for our reactions, and to share yours…and for the Q and A with SR.
We’ll also be sharing future news about the book club.
Who knows…we might even invite a few penguins to join us
Tamie and Elena