My Book Boyfriend: Eidolon

This week’s boyfriend is Eidolon from book 1 of the Demonica series by Larrissa Ione. Lemme share how I came to read this book in the 1st place…

I had just finished reading the Fever series…for those of you who are HUGE fans like I am you’ll totally understand what I mean when I say I felt kinda bereft once I was done…I kinda moped about for a good week after… all the while thinking…Holy Crap! What if I never find something that good again?!? I tried to start a new book…more than once, but I just couldn’t get into anything…AT ALL!

Finally I made a trip to my local bookstore *Waves to everybody at City Lights* and started looking at the paranormal book shelves when something caught my eye…It was,Pleasure Unbound, by Larrissa Ione. I liked the cover art…liked the synopsis…bought it. I started reading it the next day, and COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! OMG! I loved it…and the main dood?!? That was Eidolon.

He’s a DR. and a demon… more specifically he’s a Seminus Demon (sex demon, like an incubus) O. My. He’s got a strong personality, strong beliefs and a strong sense of loyalty that I find admirable. O…and did I mention that he’s uber hawt?

Physical description?!? Tall, dark and handsome, with short strokeable black hair and dark coffee brown eyes that become golden when he is excited and red when pissed!  WHOA! When I fantasize  think of Eidolon I imagine him to look like one of my favorite  doods…Alex McLaughlin.

I’m thinking it’s picture time already 😉

Um…O yeah!

Let’s have a few lines from the book now…

“Everything she thought she’d known about demons was wrong. Vegetarian demons? Demons who cured instead of killed? Her simple black-and-white world had gone about a million shades of gray.”

“his desire to take her again went beyond patching his pride or even slaking the ever-present lust that plagued his breed. He’d never encountered anyone who radiated such a fierce will to live. Her life force drew him, her fire fascinated him, and her sensuality held him in an iron grip he couldn’t break.”

“I’ll bet you could make a woman throw out all her toys”

“So,uh, where am I, exactly ? And what do you plan on doing with me ?”
“You’re at Underworld General Hospital. As you can probably guess, we specialize in nonhuman medical care. Our location is secret, so don’t ask.”
“UGH ? Your hospital is called ‘ugh’ ? Oh, that’s precious.”

“The pretty nurse had just injected her with something that totally rocked, and if she wanted to think about boinking a bronzed, tattooed, impossibly handsome doctor who was so far out of her league she need a telescope to see him, then screw it. Screw him. Over and over.”

“She narrowed her eyes and concentrated on his mouth. Name. He wanted her name. She had to think about it for a second before she remembered. Great. She must have hit her head. Which, duh, explained the headache.”

“It was as though he was pure sexual energy contained in a wrapper of smooth, bronze skin, and damn, it wasn’t fair that a demon should be so cover-model handsome.”

If you love paranormal and erotica as much as I do?!? You’ll love this book…and the whole series. Check it out!

20 thoughts on “My Book Boyfriend: Eidolon

1. Elena says:

Okay, you really want to kill me, don’t you? Tamie! I flatline every time after reading these posts! Can you send him to resuscitate me now? 😉 I won’t complain 😉 *goes to buy the book*

2. neabarabea says:

Tamie!! I love it!! Awesome pick!! Should definitely pick this book up!! 🙂 🙂

3. neabarabea says:

Tamie!! Omg I totally love it!! He is completely adorable!! I should definitely pick this book up!! 🙂 😉

4. Jaye Shields says:

I Looooove this whole series? Have you read the whole series? You must! Ecstasy Unveiled is my favorite! Lore is sooooo salivating. Check my floor for proof of drool…

5. Revamped says:

I’ve read this series about 4x. It’s “one” of my “return to” series. And the way you paired Eidolon with the photo above Floored me! I can see it/him! Maybe I’ll give it a #5 and start again after I finish my current series.

And I couldn’t agree with you more about the Fever series. It’s hard to walk away from it.

6. rdmickey1989 says:

*beats fist on the table* I wanna…..I wanna…..I WANNA.

I own this series, but I have no time to read. At this point with RL right now, I am lucky to read an update or two. These 12-15 days are kicking my butt.

Pics of delectable “v”s and manfur and I was in a fog induced haze until I got to this statement:
    “I’ll bet you could make a woman throw out all her toys”

Then I was moaning mush and the next thing that hit me was paranormal erotica. THAT is purrrrrfect for me. I need plot, but my lemonade better make me pucker.

Oh I hope I have some time to read on vacation next week, but my honeydo’s are getting so long with all the things I never have time to do.

I have an idea. Tamie can you read to me the 4 hrs sleep I get a night? My subconscious at least will hear you. Wait…erotica…that might not be the best thing to do. *giggle snort*

• Tamie says:

I.LOVE.U. That is all I can say…I start vacay next Thurs. flying to TO to finally meet all my gurls from up there.
      Yeah…me reading u erotica?!? I’d be giggling the whole time…then u’d wanna smack me…
      I hope u get a chance to read this. I’d love to discuss with you 🙂

• rdmickey1989 says:

Well we are not going anywhere special. Off to the coast this weekend for a long weekend with family. My parents, my sister’s family, and my children and their girlfriends do this several times a year. Easter, Memorial Day weekend, July 4th weekend, and Labor Day Weekend, and Over X-mas that we all get together. It is a full house, trust me, but I am glad for the opportunity to get all the family back together since we all have scattered. Kinda what happens when your children are adults.

We have taxes on Tues, Wed yard work, Thurs I have open right now, and Fri hubs booked “his and hers” massages just in time for the weekend. rawrrrr

I have one question. If you had one shot to read something for the next several months, what would you read?

You know my tastes, you know what I want and like. What book or ff would you read? Come on….something twitchworthy. You know how to find me if you’d rather pm.

Enjoy your vac bb. Do everything you want and the fun ones over and over. *wink*

• Tamie says:

Wow! Ur gonna be busy!
        Hmmm…gonna have to think about this rec craefully.
        I’ll get back to you privately tho kay?
        This vacay will be EPIC on so many levels!

7. rdmickey1989 says:

ooo, you are using the words Epic….oh….yes….give it too me bb.

8. This is one of my all-time favorite series ever! Eidolon is so awesome and Alex is perfect! Love the quote about the toys…*snicker* Great choice, once again!!

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

9. Belle says:

I haven’t heard of this series but it sounds very… readable. 😉 I love Alex!

10. Amy says:

Oh wow – I LOVE your pick! I haven’t read this one yet, but I totally am now! Great pictures and quotes – Thank you for sharing him! 🙂

Here’s mine: