BTT: My Two Most Emotional Reads…

Booking Through Thursday

What was the most emotional read you have ever had?

There are two books that are tied for this honor…two books that made me feel the complete range of emotions. They made me laugh…yes… out loud and they made me ugly cry too. They had my stomach tied in knots, and made me rage for and at the characters. ¬†And then they gave me hope and lifted me up. They made me feel…erm…well…you know…that girly feeling, cuz they both have guys that I wish were real. They kept me reading feverishly until I was done. Both are brilliantly written by writers that possess a gift for telling a story so wonderful and captivating that I’ve read them over and over.

So what are they?

Gabriel’s Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

What are YOUR most emotional reads ever?

18 thoughts on “BTT: My Two Most Emotional Reads…

1. Candie says:

The very first truly emotional connection to a book was when I was still quite young, from The Chronicles of Narnia. After that, came several, but recently, definitely “Outlander” by Gabaldon.

2. Neda says:

My two most emotional reads are Gabriel’s Rapture by Sylvain Reynard and The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. Never read the Outlander but everyone says it’s good. I am going to give that a look.

3. Well, you know how I was with GR! I agree. That was a top emotional read for me too. Gorgeous book.

So many books have affected me emotionally. If I think back to when I started getting back into reading again, I would say New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Recent reads would be the Fifty Shades series and the Premonition series by Amy A. Bartol.

5. Rachel Vincent’s ALPHA had me crying like crazy. I never cry while reading. Laugh hysterically – yes, Sands Argeneau series :).

6. Sheri Zee says:

So many emotional reads for me…the 50 Shades books, Slammed & Point of Retreat, Avoiding Commitment & of course GI & GR, to name just a few.

7. Stefter says:

I would have to say The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (I ugly snot sobbed through most of that book. My husband even asked me why I was reading it if it made me so sad), and The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (I no longer read Nicholas Sparks books because of it. I’m convinced that man knows nothing about happy endings)

8. Stefter says:

sorry, one more note: I cry reading most books. I’m just a big ol’ sap!

9. shay aka 50shayds says:

Mine are the 50 books. That is the main reason why i love them so much. The sex is good but DAMN the story of why he is 50 shades. Breakss my heart.

10. Karen DeBusk says:

My most emotional read by far is Nexus by CL Parker! OMG!I cried like a freaking baby! I can’t say exactly why it gets me because it hasn’t been released but OMG!!! EVERYONE should read this series!!!(The Supernova Saga) OMG!!

11. Hi, there. I have read several books throughout my life that have tugged at my heartstrings, like New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (I still cry when Edward leaves whenever I read that part, lol) but my most recent one is the third book in the Supernova Saga by CL Parker. The title is Nexus and I was a blubbering mess towards the end. This story has many happy moments, too as well as a mind boggling revelation that will make you sit up and take notice, believe me! It is not available yet, pre orders start on Monday, 8/27, but it will be available for ordering and ebook downloads on September 27th.

If you are a fan of JR Ward, this rising new author is not to be missed. I say that because her writing is on an even keel with Ms. Ward. YES, she is that good!

12. Lissa Bryan says:

“Where the Red Fern Grows” was the book that made me cry the hardest. I swear, I grieved for DAYS after I finished reading that thing.

13. Bobbie says:

No doubt, the Supernova Saga by C. L. Parker. Her writing plays out like being seen on a movie screen. She makes you feel what her characters are feeling. I’ve never really had a book take my breath away, but Cataclysm, the second book in the saga did just that. If you want a really good read, you’ve got to pick up these books!! Awesomeness a thousand fold!!