18 and Over Book Blogger Follow: 50 Shades of BDSM?

18 and Over Book Blogger Follow

Happy Sunday peeps!

Let’s check out the question for this week on an interesting topic…

Question Of The Week: With all the hype about BDSM themed books lately  thanks to the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, what is one BDSM that you think is better? Or if you haven’t read 50Shades, what is a BDSM themed book that you would recommend over it?

When I read Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James last year it was the first time I read a book that was tagged as BDSM. For me, it was the love story between Ana and Christian that captured my heart not the BDSM. After the 50 trilogy I read a few others, and I can tell you that I’m just not into the hardcore stuff. Call me a BDSM lite girl.

I know that Bared to You and Reflected in You by Sylvia Day have also been tagged as BDSM. I’m not really sure I agree with that classification, but I really love both of those books as well.

So peeps what are your thoughts on this? Got any other recommendations?

16 thoughts on “18 and Over Book Blogger Follow: 50 Shades of BDSM?

1. Followthep says:

My favorite BDSM author is Cherise Sinclair. I started reading her books after the Fifty trilogy. I also love Joey Hill’s Knights of the Boardroom series but it is way more hardcore in my opinion. The last two recommendations would be Kallypso Masters and Eden Bradley.

2. Candie says:

Tamie, I absolutely agree. Love the relationship and the character developement; not so crazy about the sm

3. geeklove64 says:

Try The Siren by Tiffany Reisz. Absolutely an unique writer and certainly aligns with BDSM thematically. She is fabulous.

4. Trayce (@lemonamour) says:

Thanks, Tamie! I’m a BDSM-lite as well (as in the only one’s I’ve ever finished were 50shades). I was recently sent Sylvia Day’s books, but was unsure if they were my cuppa tea. Good to hear they’re on the lite side as well. *off to add to my TBR list*

Cheers! Trayce (@lemonamour)

5. Rocio says:

I stared reading BDSM before Fifty Shades, my first was A Story of O. Some of my favorites are Carrie’s Story and Safe Word by Molly Weatherfield and The Eroic Dark by Nina Lane.

6. Amanda says:

I wouldn’t consider Bared to you or reflected in you as BDSM. You might like Christine d’Abo long shots series. I’d call it light BDSM.

New follower via wordpress

Amanda

Lets Get Romantical

7. sorry, no recommendations but 50 Shades is a story that both my husband and I read, although the classification is there we both found the story interesting and enjoyable…it was remarked by Hubby that the thing he noticed most was that the story line was so good that he can’t actually remember any swearing, then went on to say that the BDSM was secondary and just an interesting psychological side line to the story, no wonder E_L_James was onto a winner…..

8. Jessica says:

I don’t consider Bared to You & Reflected in You to be of the BDSM variety. While I do agree that they are incredibly similar to Fifty Shades of Grey, they are not as graphic into the S & M lifestyle (if at all). There are no acts of flogging, whipping, or anything of that nature in Sylvia Days books. Only the act of Eve submitting to Gideon while they make love would lead a person to believe that G is really a dominant, and you wouldn’t realize it until he, himself, points it out. I loved Christian and Ana’s love story but I love Gideon and Eva’s more. These are incredibly written books and I encourage anyone that wants a good read to experience the emotional effects that only Gideon Cross could bring out in a woman. Sylvia Day is a highly recommended author and I am extremely happy that I can say “I liked her before fifty shades gave these books all this hype. I am a loyal fan and will continue to be just that.” She is finishing up Entwined with You as we speak and it will be available December 31st. I know that I cannot wait to see how she finishes the love story of Gideon and Eva, even though there is no doubt that this will be a highly read book. I know I’m not the only one waiting with bated breath.
    **Please feel free to offer your own opinions on this amazing book, I’m sure others will love the feedback be it positive or of other nature. **

• Tamie says:

Elena and I reviewed Bared to You, and I’ve read and will be reviewing Reflected in You as well.
      I’ve enjoyed both of the series which is why I gave them high ratings.
      I was a Fifty fan long before they gained the huge popularity they are enjoying now, so I know what you mean.
      I love both authors and I don’t compare because I think they stand on their own.
      I love both Christian and Gideon, and I proudly call both my fictional boyfriends 😉

9. Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. …
    50 Shdes of Grey Movie

10. missfreak says:

BDSM is another thing… not 50 shades..