Beautiful Book Covers (part 1)

“Don’t judge a book by its cover”- this is the motto I always try to follow when choosing a book. What I usually focus my attention on is the blurb and if it sounds good and convinces me, then I’ve found a new book to read. But let’s face it, book covers are extremely important. They’re what catches your eye, and I’d be lying if I said that I never picked up a book because of its cover. Yes, because when a book has a beautiful cover it immediately draws you in.

Here are some of my favorite book covers…

Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture by Sylvain Reynard ( Penguin USA )

Gabriel's Inferno

Gabriel's Rapture

The Spanish edition and the UK one have awesome covers as well. You can see them here and here. I can’t wait to see the Italian ones πŸ˜‰

Easy by Tammara Webber

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

on dublin street

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

If I Stay

Ring of Fire by Heather Huffman

Ring of Fire

I love it when there are multiple editions of the same novel, because this means multiple covers πŸ˜‰ You all know I love Jane Austen’s novels a lot and I have bought Β several editions of them ( crazy, I know). I have to say that the Harper Teen edition of Pride and Prejudice has a really beautiful cover pride and prejudice

Same goes for the Harper Teen edition of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

WutheringHeights pb c_HarperTeen edn

Since I’m Italian, I also bought the latest Italian edition of these two novels and I find their covers to be pretty amazing :

Pride and Prejudice

orgoglio e pregiudizio

Wuthering Heights

cime tempestose

I’ll be sharing some other favorite book covers of mine soon…In the meantime, what are your favorite ones? Let me know in the comments πŸ˜‰

Elena

About Elena

Literature is my passion. I love reading so much that I spend countless hours in bookstores and libraries. I have a soft spot for poetry and art. I like traveling and discovering new places. I can't do without a book.

17 thoughts on “Beautiful Book Covers (part 1)

1. Mary TATA says:

I love the cover to Gravity by Melissa West.

2. Pamela Christine says:

I love all! but my favorites are Gabriel’s Inferno,Gabriel’s Rapture,Easy, and On Dublin Street :))

3. maureen says:

All of the Original Sinners books by Tiffaney Reisz, are so subtlety HOT especially the newest one for The Mistress coming out July 30. and I have a special spot in my heart for Hopeless by Colleen Hoover.
    I think the U.S. covers for both Gabriel books are the most beautiful !

I loved the UK version of GI!! So beautiful…

My recent favorites would be the Premoniton series by Amy A. Bartol.

5. Great covers! I always like UK and Aussie covers.

6. The Italian Wuthering Heights cover is incredible! Also love love the UK Gabriel’s Inferno. Always interesting to see other countries takes.

7. Keisha says:

Loved your picks! Gabriel’s Inferno has to be one of my favorites.

8. Margie says:

Those are beautiful covers Elena!!! All of them!! Have you seen the original cover of Pride and Prejudice? The one with the peacock? I love that one because the peacock is such a good symbol of Mr Darcy. πŸ™‚

9. Maria says:

To be honest, sometimes the decision to read a book has to do with the cover. If I like the cover, then I find out what the book is about and read the reviews. I was immediately attracted to Gabriel’s Inferno’s cover. I thought it was beautiful & very artistic. And Gabriel’s Rapture’s cover lived up to its predecessor.

10. MercyPed says:

Love these covers and the books themselves! On Dublin Street was one of my favorite books last year and the cover is what initially drew me in.

I’ve never seen those Austen covers before with the flowers; where did you find those? They are beautiful!