Sweet Saturday: Friendship, Forgiveness and Healing…

Happy Saturday peeps!

I had a rough week emotionally…we all have those at least now and then. The good news? That I’m getting through it. Sometimes when you’re in the middle of feeling hurt, or less than, or whatever it is you’re feeling that isn’t feeling good…it seems like you’ll feel that way forever. Happily, that just isn’t true. Time really does heal, and you begin to find your way back. At least that’s how it is for me. I’m the type of person who withdraws from others when things aren’t going well. That’s what I did this week. I withdrew and read. Reading also helps me heal because it takes my mind away from the bad stuff, so I’m not dwelling on it. I’ve said before that music is always like a soothing balm when I feel wounded. It might be the words that speak to me…it could be the instruments. I listened to a lot of different music this week as well. I’m really lucky in that I have some very good friends who reach out to me even when I withdraw…they check on me, and they let me know that I’m important to them…that I matter. . This Sweet Saturday post is dedicated to them…with love and gratitude. Lastly, to the person who caused the pain, and who didn’t reach out to say I’m sorry, who didn’t reach out at all…I forgive you. In the end…I think that helps me to heal most of all.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
Mark Twain

Lewis B. Smedes

Forgiveness is the final form of love.
Reinhold Niebuhr

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one’s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.
Unknown

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.
Ed Cunningham

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.
Henri Nouwen

Now…go out and make it a great day!

8 thoughts on “Sweet Saturday: Friendship, Forgiveness and Healing…

1. debradml says:

Dearest Tamie – sorry to hear you have had this kind of week (Hugs)…I can so relate though to all that you have said as I am very much the same type of person in this situation, and what a beautiful way to thank your true friends! Thank-you for sharing these awesome quotes, I love them and you had me with the Pretenders song (even though I think she sung it for animals rights)!?! BTW I think you and Elena are Awesomesauce xox

2. debradml says:

Reblogged this on Words from across Oceania and commented:
    # Feel these words as I am the same & Beautiful tribute to true friends!!!

3. Elena says:

I love you, sweetie. I’m sorry to hear someone hurt you this week, but know that we all love you here.
    I do the same when I’m hurt. I withdraw from others and read or listen to music. And I pray God to help me overcome the hurt and the pain.
    Forgiveness is indeed the best way to heal. It does wonders to our soul and to others. It’s not always easy, but the results are amazing. “You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.
    Lewis B. Smedes” I love this quote you chose.
    Love you and huge hugs,
    Elena

4. Candie says:

Great post! Sending you hugs….
    I’ve taken to listening to books on CD during my 1/2 hour drive to and from work. This week it was Wodehouse’s “My Man Jeeves” – humor helps me break the cycle of negativity.

5. Michelle says:

Glad you’ve acknowledged and taken something positive to uplift yourself from a bad situation. Sending positive vibes and nothing but well wishes your way. 🙂

6. Paula Black says:

Sorry to hear you’ve been having a rough time Tamie. You bring so much joy to others, you deserve happiness. Thinking of you. xoxo

7. jbabs2011 says:

Dear Tamie,

So many times I’ve been where you just described and I have turned to this blog to find interesting recs to peruse, perhaps to read in their entirety. I’ve discovered beautiful music I’ve never before listened to and laughed at some of the comments. I don’t often participate here because I’m just a reader; I am not a writer and don’t create wondrous columns that touch the soul and inform and entertain others as you and the other ladies here do. Please know that I’d like to reach you through these words and give you a hug and tell you that all will be well. This blog has done that to me. I don’t know what caused your wounded feelings, but I know from reading you that you don’t practice the wounding of others. I’ll be thinking of you today, Tamie, and I hope your feelings heal throughout the day. You have a beautiful soul and accomplished words and you share all with people like me that you don’t even know. You’ve brought me joy. May joy light up your heart soon. You matter and you make a difference. Warmest wishes.

8. Maria says:

Tamie, I’m very sorry to hear you had a bad week.
    I just want you to know that I’m thankful for you and appreciate what you write & share with us. I hope you continue to feel better. I believe that lots of good things are in store for you!
    Take care of yourself. Lots of hugs.