Lights! Cameras! Action! These Books Need to be Movies! (Part 1)

You all know by now that Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James and Sempre by JM Darhower are going to be made into movies. I’m very curious and excited to see the adaptations and most of all, I hope they’ll stay true to the books. Yes, because that’s what concerns us readers the most, isn’t it? That some of our favorite scenes will be kept, and that the actors will be able to masterfully portray those characters we fell in love with.

There are a lot of books I’d LOVE to see on the big screen–books that made me dream, cry, laugh and root for the characters from beginning to end.

Here are some of the books that I’m dying to see them turned into movies:

Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture by Sylvain Reynard.

You all know by now this is my favorite series ever. A story about two broken souls that in each other find love and forgiveness. Seeing Professor Gabriel O. Emerson and his Julia on the big screen would be a dream come true. I can assure you that I’d see the movie several times. I might just live in the cinema to watch and rewatch and rewatch the movie…Well, you get the idea. Yes, I’m obsessed 😉 And if The Professor was played by David Gandy or Henry Cavill? That’d be heaven, seriously.

So, if there are any producers listening, please, make the Gabriel Series into a movie! It’d be a box office hit, for sure!

And don’t forget, SR is writing the third book in the series! 😉

Gabriel's Inferno

Gabriel's Rapture

Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens

This is another series I’d love to see on the big screen! Kellan and Keira’s story took me on a roller coaster ride and made me feel all kinds of emotions. I’m sure it could be turned into an amazing movie! And who wouldn’t want to drool over stare at Kellan for 2 hours or so? 😉

Thoughtless

Effortless_BookCover

Easy by Tammara Webber

A story that entered the list of my favorite books from the get go. Lucas and Jacqueline are among my favorite couples and if you haven’t read this book, please do. It’s so much more than a love story, especially because of the subject matter…A movie based on Easy would certainly be one of those we’d obsess over. And Lucas….I daydream just by saying his name 😉

Easy Tammara Webber

The Future Of Our Past and Don’t Forget To Remember Me by Kahlen Aymes.

What’s not to love about Ryan and Julia’s love story? It’s sweet, heartwarming and hot! Yes, I’d love to see a movie based on The Remembrance Trilogy!

untitled

Back To You by Priscilla Glenn

This is a story that touched me for so many different reasons. A book about love, forgiveness and redemption. A story that, in my opinion, could be turned into an amazing movie that would capture the heart of thousands of people. I’d have my tissues handy!

Back-to-You_Cover-682x1024

Soon I’ll share other books I’d love to see on the big screen (there are a lot of them 😉 )

In the meantime, which novels you’re dying to see turned into movies? Let me know in the comments!

Elena

About Elena

Literature is my passion. I love reading so much that I spend countless hours in bookstores and libraries. I have a soft spot for poetry and art. I like traveling and discovering new places. I can't do without a book.

30 thoughts on “Lights! Cameras! Action! These Books Need to be Movies! (Part 1)

1. M C says:

Blackstone Affaire by Raine Miller

2. Johanna says:

OMG can you imagine Michael Fassbender as prof. Emerson…

3. Terry says:

I’m with you, girlfriend! My Professor on the big screen…..sighs. ❤ Maybe some day! We'd be fighting over who gets the popcorn! lol

4. cheryl ferullo says:

I have read gabriels series twice loved it they should make it into a movie as well as bared to you

5. serendipitousmc says:

I’m right there with you, Elena, hoping that some day Gabriel and Julia’s story is made into a movie. Or maybe a mini-series on TV, because I wouldn’t want to cut one scene from the books, and that might make it too long for a film. 🙂

I’ve heard that A Discovery of Witches will become a movie, so I can’t wait for that, either. I’d also love to see Daughter of Smoke and Bone on the screen.

• Elena says:

I love the idea of the mini-series, Sue! I’d be glued to the TV! 😉
      Excited that A Discovery of Witches will become a movie. I have it on my TBR list and I can’t wait to start reading it! 🙂

6. Andrea says:

You have chosen EVERY ONE of my book boyfriends! I cannot wait to see how the all turn out! A girl has to keep a positive attitude after all.

7. the movies are never as good as the book !!! just last year they put out a movie on my favorite books ( Stephanie Plum ) . And it was nothing like the book !!!! By the way the Plum books is what started me reading !!! So i’m not looking for anything good to come out of the movies !!!!

8. Lydia Quintana says:

The Crossfire Series should be made into a movie..!!

9. Keisha says:

I couldn’t agree more Elena on the Gabriel series and the Thoughtless/Effortless books! And i would just about faint over David Gandy or Henry Cavill as the Professor. I envision DG more as the professor though. I’ve long thought of Henry playing Christian Grey in the Fifty movie. Either way I love them both and it would be a slice of heaven to have them play the roles!

The other books you mentioned, i haven’t read but I’m working my way up to reading both Back To You and Easy. They are on my TBR shelf!
    I would also love to see maybe On Dublin Street and The Crossfire series on the big screen as well. For the Crossfire books I’ve also pictured David Gandy as playing Gideon Cross as well. That man is just……sigh 😉

10. maureen says:

Tiffany Reisz’s The Siren, The Angel, THe Prince & (coming July 2013) The Mistress would be best on HBO, Showtime or Starz ! It would garner a following as big as Game of Thrones & bcause of it’s very unique story & characters !

11. tinadrg says:

Oh Elena, I love how you think:) Yes, my first pick would be Gabriel and Julianne on the big screen. As for Kellan and Keira, I think it would be a perfect TV series. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series would be a hit on the small screet, too. Absolutely love the brothers!!!

12. Pam says:

I’d LOVE to see Gabriel’s story on the big screen,but have to say I have the perfect movie in my head already. ❤ I’m interested in the SC Stephens books, were they ever fan fiction stories? I do like to support new authors. ☺x

• Elena says:

Hi Pam! I don’t know if SC Stephens’s books were previously fan fiction, to be honest. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them! I loved them 🙂

• Pam says:

Thanks Elena 🙂 I just brought the first two so shall start them soon as i’ve finished Last Tango in Forks…. Yes i’m behind! There’s so many good stories to read. 🙂

13. Agree to all of your choices!

14. Elizabeth D says:

Would love to see Easy as a movie!
    I think it has such an inspiring message.

15. debradml says:

Reblogged this on Words from across Oceania and commented:
    # So Agree!!! Debs xx

16. Margie says:

Gabriel on the big screen….I WOULD DIE!!!! I love all your choices Elena!!

17. Carlene says:

Oh! I would love to see the Thoughtless series on the big screen……*sighs dreamily*