If We Could Cast it: Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard…

Hey peeps!

Recently, Elena did a fabulous piece on books that she’d love to see made into movies. Now, Elena,Gel, and I will be bringing you our choices for book to film, and who we’d cast if we had that ability.

It seems appropriate that our first post devoted to casting should be a book that is a favorite to all three of us…Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

Tamie: Y’all know who my pick for Gabriel is…Yup…David Gandy

As Julia I’ve always pictured someone like Emmy Rossum. She has the innocence and the beauty that I think of when reading the story.

For Paul I can see Channing Tatum in the role

Christa Peterson…Hmmmm…I’ll go with Taylor Momsen

I ‘m going with Rachael McAdams to play Rachael Clark

My choice for Rachael’s boyfriend, Aaron? Nick Ayler

Paulina…Hmm…that’s a hard one, but I’ll go with Casey Labow

Simon could be played by Joseph Morgan

Professor Picton could easily be played by either Maggie Smith or Judi Dench

Elena:

Oh my! First off I’d LOVE to see the Gabriel Series turned into movies! If I could cast it?

Well, my perfect Professor Emerson would be either David Gandy (I love him!) …

423f22da882916df8799c510ef1c509f 720dc5d71d83fe5199a15f75b10e8c0b 5adc814d38262b5353952f3cc072d75d

(I could go on and on with the pictures…*happy sigh*)

or Henry Cavill

86fcd0a3eab93e5804160db8c2241019 1601cd965e7d518d47dc99b07e3fed57 Henry-Cavill-henry-cavill-26796457-1024-768

As far as Julia goes, I could totally see either Emmy Rossum

emmy_rossum_19-normal emmy_rossum emmy-rossum-hairstyle2

or Nina Dobrev

nina_dobrev_perks Nina-Dobrev-HD-Vampire-Diaries Nina Dobrev photoshoot by Jake Bailey (2011)

Julia drinking wine in front of The Professor? 😉 We all know how much this turns him on 😉

Nina-Dobrev-Wallpaper-nina-dobrev-28043754-1280-800

In the role of Paul I could see Tom Welling:

tom-welling Tom Welling Tom-Welling-tom-welling-1313872-590-462

As for Christa, I agree with my friend Mango and I say Megan Fox

megan-fox-looks-mean Megan-Fox-2011 megan-fox-diet-1

I could see Jennifer Lawrence in the role of Rachel:

Jennifer Lawrence  jennifer lawrence-spank bank-dantania-blogspot-com jennifer_lawrence_hd_wallpaper_4_by_beeniaktor-d4y5c1k

Armie Hammer as Aaron:

Armie Hammer  Armie Hammer 2  Armie Hammer 3

Chace Crawford as Simon:

gossip-girl-chace01.jpg  chace crawford  Chace%20Crawford%20(4)

Diane Kruger as Paulina:

Diane Kruger  Diane-Kruger  diane-kruger 2

And Judi Dench as Katherine Picton:

judi-dench_1292055cJudi Dench dame-judi-dench-pic-pa-5281854

Gel:

Okay, here’s what I think on who’s to play who. 😉

20130326-094201.jpg

20130326-182615.jpg

20130326-094251.jpg

20130326-094320.jpg

20130326-094342.jpg

20130326-100514.jpg

20130326-095704.jpg

20130326-181205.jpg

So peeps…what do you think?!? We’ve given you some choices that are the same, and others that aren’t. Now we want to know who YOU see in the roles. Remember…play nice! 🙂

P.S. We’re saving some of the characters for when we cast Gabriel’s Rapture…you didn’t really think we forgot about them did you?!?

Tamie, Elena, and Gel

27 thoughts on “If We Could Cast it: Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard…

1. Genney says:

Good Morning This is great, Loved every single one.

2. Ana SweetDirtyDraco says:

Very interesting 😉 You´re great

3. serendipitousmc says:

Awesome choices! I loved reading them & I agree with just about everything you all said. (Especially David Gandy!)

Elena… *fistbump* Christa = Megan Fox. Amirite?!! 😉

Armie Hammer as Aaron? I never would have thought of that, but it’s brilliant and perfect!

4. Keisha says:

BRAVO ladies!! Omg, loved your picks! I agree 1000% on David Gandy as the professor. Always felt he fit the part perfectly and there’s simply no other person that I would pick for the professor.

Excellent choice with Judi Dench as Professor Picton.

I could never quite picture Julia, but I love the choice of Emmy Rossum. She has that pretty, sweet, innocent, wholesome look that I see Julia having. The other characters I haven’t thought much on who could play them, but LOVE all of your choices and could see a lot of the people you picked as playing the roles! Well done 🙂

5. Great job gals! My very favorite Professor is David Gandy. He is so bloody hot. We can only pray they make this wonderful book into a movie.

6. I imagined Michael Fassbender as Gabriel, but that’s just me 😉

7. David Gandy is my choice for Gabriel, he is perfect!

8. yl110 says:

I’ll focus on the supporting characters then Judy Dench IS Professor Picton. Rachael McAdams to play Rachael Clark, Diane Kruger as Paulina and Cam Gigandet would be a perfect Simon.
    Thanks girls for the pretty boys in the pics .

9. eahbalice says:

I loved all these suggestions. I had in my head a couple of different people for some of them. Of course I thought I read somewhere that Gabriel was inspired by David Gandy, not 100% sure on that though.

Maggie Smith as Professor Picton
    Natalie Portman as Julia
    Charlize Theron as Professor Singer
    Kate Bosworth as Paulina

10. iriselli says:

Very good ladies! I could see every single one of your picks. Now how to get this on screen! Any ideas for you choice of Richard and Tom?

11. Keisha says:

Hands Down for Professor Gabriel Emerson- David Gandy for sure 🙂
    Julia- Nina Debrov or Emmy Rossum
    Rachel- Jennifer Lawrence
    Aaron- Nick Ayler
    Paul- Casey John Deidrick
    Simon- Cam Gigandet
    Professor Picton- Judi Dench
    Paulina- Casey Labow
    Christa- Kristanna Loken
    Professor Singer- Megan Fox

12. khansaomar says:

From the first instance i imagened David Gandy to be Gabriel… he suits the charcter physically & personality… i like the idea of Nina Debrove as Julia…
    I agree with Gel about the rest of charcters..

13. grace felicia says:

I think for Richard Clark actor Sam Neill or Henry Czerny will suits the part. They are both very intense and I could picture Richard in both of them. For Grace Clark, I think Elisabeth Shue from CSI is perfect! 🙂

14. eleftheria says:

I am not really sure about who is the best for the role of Gabriel yet, but I’m sure that it won’t be a good idea to be David Gandy….
    Gabriel should be someone that on the one hand would be sexy, really handsome and have an aloof and cold, somehow, personality but he could be, at the same time, attractive sweet and romantic when he is with her.. that’s why I won’t choose him..because he doesn’t seem to me able to be neither romantic nor sweet.
    As Julia I’ve always pictured Nina Dobrev.
    As Simon I prefer Cam Gigandet
    As Paul….it’s difficult..I can’t think of someone in particular.. but definitely not Channing Tatum. It will be so stupid for Julia in this case to choose someone else instead of Paul. 😛
    For everyone else i totally agree with tamie’s choises!!

15. brittney says:

These are all great suggestions! 😀
    I loved each one!
    Especially Jennifer Lawrence playing Rachael :$

16. eleftheria says:

Hmm..what about Ian Somerhalder as Professor Emerson?..just saying:)

17. accio-forest says:

You know who i think is perfect for Gabriel? Joseph Fiennes.

18. Karina says:

But isn’t David gandy a model. He’s not an actor.

19. Karina says:

Guys we have to be careful on who we choose for Julia because besides her beauty and innocence, she has to look like Beatrice and Beatrice is beyond beautiful, literally.

20. Venus says:

Emmy Rossum is so perfect for Julia. Praying she’ll have the role this time.

21. Gwen says:

wow!!! all of them are perfect for de movi … i cant’n wait ,,!!!

22. milly says: