Musing Mondays: I’d Prefer…

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm (formerly Should Be Reading).

Do you prefer Hardcover, Trade Paperback, or Mass Market Paperback? Why?

I love hardcovers, but they’re so expensive these days that I really only purchase them if it’s to add to a collection. As an example, I have all the Outlander books in their hardcover editions, and I’ll continue to buy them until the series ends.

For everyday reading I prefer trade paperbacks over mass market because I like the bigger size (feel free to insert any and all dirty thoughts that just entered your mind) 😉

Actually, part of it has to do with my crappy eyesight. The trade paperbacks usually seem to have bigger text so it’s easier for me to read. It feels close to hardback size, yet it’s a bit more bendy, less rigid. It still fits in my handbag, so it’s easy to tote with me. Lastly, the artwork is better, and since I do love a good cover, it’s more visually pleasing than what fits on the mass paperback.

What about you? What do you prefer and why?

12 thoughts on “Musing Mondays: I’d Prefer…

1. edwardsvamptramp69 says:

I love hardcover, too, so I only usually get that when it’s on my birthday list or Christmas list.:) Or it just came out and I HAVE to read it. I haven’t read too many paperbacks lately; if it’s not hardcover then I’ll just download it to my Kindle.

• Tamie says:

Hey, long time no talk to…or at least it seems that way. Xo

• edwardsvamptramp69 says:

I know and I’m sorry! I feel so out of touch with everything and everyone. I’ve been on vacation in Europe and I’m trying to play catch up:)

• Tamie says:

OOOOOOOOOO, that sounds wonderful.
        I hope you had an amazing time!!!!

• Thanks, Tamie, I did! Spent several days in Prague, Czech Republic and the rest of the time driving through Germany.:)

• Tamie says:

I’ve only been to France and it was magical.
        I hope to be able to visit at least Italy sometime in the next few years, but my secret dream would be to travel all over Europe.

• edwardsvamptramp69 says:

I’ve been to France, too……………….it was pretty, but I didn’t care for the people. Spain is beautiful………………country AND people. Romania is a MUST!!!!!!!That was the very first destination on my bucket list and it did not disappoint. I plan on going back at some point. But Prague……………..if I was going to become an Ex Pat……………..that is where I would move to. Unbelievable city. I’m hoping to get to Budapest in the next couple years too. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get to see all the places you want to.

2. mothergolf says:

anything that has bigger text for me!

3. Nickie Adler says:

You know ever since I got my iPad 2, years ago, I never buy actual print books. I love, love reading with an E-reader. Recently when I went to the RT Convention in Dallas, I came home with over 50 free books. When I got home I realized that I don’t like reading print books anymore, but I want to read them just because they are there. When I’ll get around to it, is another story, since I have about that many on my E-reader that I need to get to. Back in the day I used to belong to book clubs and they were always hard cover, which I prefer.

4. kybookwor, says:

I’m addicted to my ipad. I haven’t bought a print book in years. I read so many books, and I don’t have a place to store them. I love hard cover, but they have gotten so expensive, I gave away most of my paperbacks, only keeping a few sentimental choices. There is a short list of authors, who are worth the price of the hard cover. lol