Katiebird’s playlist for Grey by E.L. James

I do hope that anyone reading this post has read Grey by E.L. James by now, but if you haven’t, no worries. There will be no spoilers here. My playlist is a reflection of songs that make me think of Christian, and what he might have put on a playlist for Ana that express his feelings also.

IMG_4536-0

Like the first time reading the Fifty Shades series, I was completely mesmerized by the character Christian Grey. He stayed with me for awhile after reading. I just couldn’t stop thinking about him. Ms. James could have easily retold this story scene by scene, but she didn’t. She gave us so much more of Christian. He shares his haunted past, reveals interactions and conversations that we didn’t know even happened, and lets us see his insecurities. It is a true revelation to me.

Awolnation- I Am

Coldplay- Shiver

Beyonce’- Halo

Claire De Lune- Skipping Stones

Mumford & Sons- Believe

I love reading a book that affects me well after finishing.   There are certain characters that stay with me, and Christian Grey has yet again captured my attention! If you haven’t read Grey yet, I hope I have inspired you to do so…

Katiebird

About katiebird

I am a huge reader of young adult, new adult, and paranormal romances. I also have an acute fondness of Robert Thomas Pattinson. I love that I get to share with everyone my love of reading.

9 thoughts on “Katiebird’s playlist for Grey by E.L. James

1. Tamie says:

I love this!

2. candias says:

I love this book better than the original!!! Seeing the story thru Christian’s eyes is better because as women, we can all pretty much relate to how Ana was feeling and what she was thinking..but know what he was thinking when he looked at her a certain way or when he touched her, or when they had their amazing fuck sessions made me love his character even more…I really hope she does the other 2 books from his POV as well!!! Awesome playlist by the way!!!

3. mothergolf says:

Amazing, love the playlist……

4. kybookworm says:

I make it a rule not to go back and read the same story, even when it is told from the other person’s POV, but I think you have convinced me to break the rules this time. I just hate to go back to the beginning, when I’ve already read the HEA. Christian and Ana went through an amazing transformation to get to their HEA. I would love it if E.L. James would write another one, about ten years into their marriage. I think it would be interesting to see how two kids, two jobs, and the realities of married life affect their “playtime”.

• katiebird says:

So glad to hear that I pushed you in the right direction! I highly recommend the audio version, if you want to do something different. I read the book while listening at the same time to give me a unique experience from my first time with this story. 🙂

5. jdt1505 says:

I see Sylvain Reynard’s influence in helping with this selection. He’s a master in selecting the perfect music. Besides, they’re very good friends, and that’s what friends do. I loved the music to FSOG and Snow Patrol. I’d never heard of them before, but now I have all their music. I have the audio version of GREY, & I’m not sure about Webber’s voice as Christian. Did anyone else have that feeling?