Musing Mondays (6/6)

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Name a book that disappointed you.

Even my favorite authors can disappoint me from time to time. Here are two…

I flove the Outlander series, but I was very disappointed in the 7th book, An Echo in the Bone. For me it just didn’t flow as smoothly as the other books, and I wasn’t interested in some of the storylines. I was also disappointed in Claire and a choice that she made. It isn’t really a book you can skip though because of several things that happen at the end. I know lots of peeps loved it. I didn’t.

Another favorite series is the Harry Potter books, but I was not a big fan of book 5 which was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It seemed sooooooooo long and again I didn’t love all the storylines going on.

What about you?

8 thoughts on “Musing Mondays (6/6)

1. lawpatz1 says:

I was really disappointed in Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens. I absolutely loved the Thoughtless series. Adored Kellan, but Thoughtful was just a huge pitty party, and it just kept repeating itself. I waited so anxiously for this book. I wanted to get into Kellan’s mind, but all he did was feel sorry himself, and guilty, and sorry for him self, and more guilt, and more sorry for himself. It just went around in circles. I know the book was loved by many, but it just bored the bujesus out of me. But I will always love Kellan Kyle, and the series will always be one of my faves, minus Thoughtful.

• Tamie says:

I definitely enjoyed it more than you did, but I do understand what you’re talking about.
      There were certain scenes that I absolutely loved and which I felt gave me a better understanding of
      his thought process, but there times when I thought he came off as way too whiny and unKellan like.

2. karen thomson says:

I was really disappointed by the one night trilogy j e malls after the this man books that still remain one of my all time favourites

3. edwardsvamptramp69 says:

For me, I ADORE J R Ward and I can never get enough of her Black Dagger Brotherhood books. But I really struggled trying to get into the Fallen Angel books. It took me forever to get through the first one, and I’ve been stuck on # 2 for months. I’m sure I’ll never finish it and it bothers me because I really want to love them as much as the BDB books.

• Tamie says:

I had the same exact experience. Love the BDB books, but couldn’t get through the 1st Fallen Angel book, so I gave up.
      I do however also love her new Bourbon Kings series. Very different, not paranormal, but AWESOME.

4. kybookworm says:

For me, the biggest disappointment was “Mud Vein” by Tarryn Fisher. I absolutely adored her “Love Me With Lies” series. I couldn’t put the books down. When I finished, I just wanted to start the whole series over. It was surprising, and out-of the-box. So when I saw “Mud Vein”, I bought it without even reading the description. I dove right in, for some quality binge reading. I kept waiting for the story to make sense. I’m not one of those readers that only likes books with a happy ever after, in the epilogue. I can take a little heart wrenching sadness, but it needs to make a little sense. I just scratched my head, mumbling, WTF, for a couple hours, after I finished it. I had to binge read silly little fluff books, to get “the taste out of my mouth”. I still make the same mistake sometimes, buying books by my favorite authors, without reading the description, usually followed by more WTF moments, but every once in a while, I stumble on something great.

• Tamie says:

That’s a book that I saw getting lots of buzz when it came out, but so many of the reviews talked about how dark it was. Those type of books just aren’t my cup of tea, so I never read it.